Friday, March 21, 2014

{ We're All Still Here! }

Well, as you all know, yesterday was Alien Abduction Day!  I wore my protective foil hat to school and boy did I get some strange looks!  Haha, but at least I was safe.....deep down, I sorta wished aliens had come and taken some of those annoying boys away for at least a few days!  Anywho, when I got home, Frolics was waiting for me in his favorite chair. 


Fortunately we have online textbooks so my backpack isn't terribly heavy.  Even still, I had a TON of homework - mostly algebra - my favorite subject - NOT.  Man, my teachers just LOVE to give us homework...and lots of it! :(  As I set my backpack down to get started on my assignments, Frolics was acting as if he wanted me to follow him to the kitchen.


So, I picked him up and headed upstairs to the kitchen.  Plus I wanted to make sure that everyone is wearing their hats! Then it hit me - Oh no.....what if they forgot to make them and were already abducted?!  Quick, let's go Frolics!


I ran to the kitchen with Frolics, and could not BELIEVE my eyes! It was like looking at a Reynold's Wrap fashion show of hats!!  "Good gravy, you guys! Those aren't the kind of hats I was talking about!" I exclaimed.


"Don't you like them??" McKenna exclaimed. "I made a fez (because fezzes are cool! :D), Saige made a top hat, Isabelle.....well.....I don't really know what she made..."
"It's a dome!" Isabelle cut in.
"Okay. Isabelle made a dome, Trey made a snapback, and Sarah made a hat that looks just like Mountie Jack's!" McKenna finished.
"Yeah! My hat looks a lot like Mountie Jack's from the AMAAAZING TV show, 'When Calls The Heart'! I did it because he is ALL I can think about! I cannot WAIT until Saturday night! I swear.....if Jack leaves Elizabeth again I'm going to CRY I tell you....cry a major big long river of tears!!!  Give Rosemary to Gowen!"
Sarah is talking about Hallmark's 'When Calls The Heart' - our favorite TV show. The show comes on every Saturday night at 9 p.m. and we are all completely and utterly obsessed with it. Do any of you guys watch it?? We are all crushing on Mountie Jack! He's soooooooooo all that! :)


Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye.....I noticed an unprotected doggy head! Oh no! Honey! You aren't wearing a hat!  It's a wonder you are still here with us!


I rushed over to the table and grabbed a wad of foil and quickly smooshed a foil doggy hat out of it. There you go Honey! Now those creepy little extraterrestrial bug-eyed beings won't get you!


So, we all had a good chuckle about everyone's creative take on making their protective foil hats.  We mostly admired Trey's snap back.....who knew he had a creative side?  Boy, we sure didn't!  However, at the end of the day, we all agreed that it must not matter what shape our hats were because none of us was missing so they must have worked.


Well, a belated Happy Alien Abduction Day! Hope your still with us and didn't get abducted!!!


So, whose hat is YOUR favorite and why?  ~Christina ♫ 

18 Inch Doll Outfits & 18 Inch Doll Accessories by:

Trey's jeans Minipparel ~ Etsy 
Trey's Star Wars shirt from Lostinajungle ~ The Beach Shack ~ Etsy  
Trey's shoes are 2003 Grey Sneakers by American Girl®


45 comments:

  1. I love both Saige's top hat and McKenna's fez (because fezzes are cool!). You guys are so amazing!

    ~ Emily (The Pony Tales Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes...McKenna LOVES Dr. Who! :) ~Christina ♫

      Delete
  2. Frolics or the fez..fezzes are cool. Glad to see that no one was abducted! My sisters forgot to make hats, but thankfully their still here! I guess the aliens forgot to invade our town. :) What holiday are you celebrating next? I can't wait for Fish Fingers and Custard day on April 3rd! (Even though eating it sounds a little gross.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fezzes ARE cool! It's a good thing they didn't get abducted!! Hmmm....I have no idea what holiday were celebrating next. Probably Easter. :) Fish fingers and Custard day?? Never heard of it! It sounds really cool though...I'll have to ask Cindy if she can make some for us to eat on April 3rd! ~Christina ♫

      Delete
  3. I love Tray´s and Saige´s hats! But how did Tray´s hat not fall off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks! I guess its cause he has a lot of hair to help hold it on! ~Christina ♫

      Delete
    2. Fezzes are totally cool!!!....causes of Dr Who (˘‿˘ʃƪ)

      Delete
    3. Yep!! I totally agree!!! :D ~McKenna ✩

      Delete
  4. Fezzes ARE cool, McKenna! Glad you all didn't get abducted!
    ~ Grace Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meatloaf's hat is adorbs!~Tess<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tess! Yes, all of us here agree! He does look super spiffy in it!!! :) ~Christina ♫

      Delete
  6. I like them All!! :)
    I have seen some of When calls the heart! It's pretty good, although the Pilot Movie is different from the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? That is sooo cool! We haven't ever seen the Pilot movie but we are planning on watching it when the When Calls The Heart TV series ends next week. We are all so sad that its ending and we hope there will be a season 2! Jalizabeth!!!! :D
      ~Christina ♫

      Delete
  7. Oh, Christina, I'm laughing so hard! I'm glad none of you were abducted by aliens, but your collection of tin hats is hilarious! I think my favorite is Saige's top hat. Then again, I really like Trey's snapback, too.
    We here at the Bruton School must have gotten very lucky indeed. I don't believe I saw a single aluminium hat on campus that day, but I'm pretty sure everyone's still accounted for. But there ARE a number of my friends who are studying abroad right now... and now that I'm thinking about it, we haven't heard from them in a while.... Oh, dear.

    Love,
    Audra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Audra, It sounds like Bruton School must have some sort of shield if they didn't have their hats on and they are all still there. Maybe they put aluminum foil on their windows? I've heard that you should do that if you sleep by a window! Yikes! I hope you heard from your friends abroad! ~Christina ♫

      Delete
  8. I couldn't say! Oh, and Happy Birthday Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh there all cute, but Saige's and Trey's hats are my favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really loved Mckenna's foil fez, because fezzes ARE cool! (and bow-ties) This blog post was super cute, I hope no one got abducted!
    -ella

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE When Calls the Heart! I literally found it on Saturday and finished all the episodes on Sunday LOL! :P
    I really hope there'll be a second season, and if there isn't, the first season better have a good finale, or I will literally cry!
    ~Carli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, really?!?!! COOL! We are sooo obsessed, LOL! I know right?! I will cry so much if there isn't a second season, no matter if the finale is good or not. But...by the looks of the preview for the finale...its lookin' good!! :D I haven't ever seen the pilot movie but I hope to after the season of the show is over! When it ends...I will be so bored on Saturday nights! Oh well...guess I'll just have to re-watch them!! :)

      Delete
    2. Me too, it would be so depressing! Yeah, the finale was good, a cliffhanger of course, and now I need to think of something to do until September... :P
      Yeah, that's a good idea, then I won't feel as pressured to watch them cause I know what happens! :D
      ~Carli

      Delete
    3. We still have not heard a "for sure" announcement for a Season 2! Sure do hope they have one. ~Christina ~♫

      Delete
  13. Love McKenna's cause..... fezzes are cool!! ( and so, of course, are bow ties ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post is so cute! Geronimo! ;) (LOL I couldn't luv doctor who more) -Vivi

      Delete
    2. Yep...gotta LOVVEE Dr. Who! I am truly obsessed. ;) ~McKenna ✩

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thanks Melody! Glad it gave you a giggle! ~Christina ♫

      Delete
  15. where did u get the white couch? :) Does it have a Label or a tag? Do u have any idea what company made it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Remi, It's actually an over-sized chair. We got it at a yard sale 3+ years ago. There are no tags. We thought for a long while that it was an AG chair but have never, ever seen another so we cannot confirm that. It was originally a light blue fabric but we no likie so we used craft paint to paint it white first and then painted on the zebra stripes. It turned out soooo cute! It's one of our fav pieces of furniture in the dorm!! ~Christina ♫

      Delete
  16. I love Saige's hat! I don't know why, I just like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Saige what you said about her hat...and she told me to tell you thanks!! She says making the hats were so much fun and she cant wait to make another one next year! :) ~Christina ♫

      Delete
  17. Hiya! Wassup?
    Wow, Long Time! No see xD {been really busy}
    I hope you remember us? {Winter, Harmonie, Tulukea, etc} hehe.
    Anyways, well all of us in our huge family, LOVE Trey's Hat.
    I mean I can not even make a Baseball Hat with Tin Foil, that is why is soo Amazing! :D hehe.
    ~ Darylei {the owner/mama} (^-^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Darylie! Of course we remember you guys! It's been super duper busy here too! We need to post something SOON! I'll tell Trey you like his foil hat...he was pretty proud of it! ~Christina ♫

      Delete
  18. I love the hats they're so cute! Can you put pics up of your doll house I really would love to see it! You have the best rooms and your decorating is amazinf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AG Dozen Dollies! We absolutely want to do this but we swear.....time just keeps us busy doing so many other things. Oh, and our Dorm is a total disaster right now! We need to straighten it up before doing a feature on the rooms!

      Delete
  19. I love the little lego tree house with the squirrel in the backround of the pic with Christina and Frolics. SUPER CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Lanie got it last year for her birthday and she absolutely loves it! We hope to do "dorm room photo tours" with photos of all the little things in the dorm in the near future. What room would you want to see a tour of first?? ~Christina ♫

      Delete
  20. Maybe the kitchen or that zebra bed room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! We love hearing opinions from our readers! :) ~Christina ♫

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :) It will show up after moderation.